On Friday the 13th I got an email titled 'an au pair opportunity in Georgia, US'. I didn't get to it until Sunday and almost didn't open it. (And who said Friday the 13th is unlucky?!) I emailed them back right away and since then we have sent quite a few emails back and forth. And I even talked on the phone with the family. Now I'm just waiting for the placement papers from the US office of Euraupair and hoping they'll get here by next Tuesday. Even though, things have practically been confirmed I do not want to fully celebrate before I get the final call.
I'll be leaving for New York City on the 11th of October and from there to my host family on the 15th. And hopefully Cindy (who is having a baby in January), Max and Laurel will be waiting for me at the airport. They have two dogs, three cats and two goats for milk! Even though they live in a small town it should be great. Easier to take care of small kids, go for walks etc.
I have a lot to do before I leave but fortunately I got the pics for my new passport out of the way! Passport pictures are usually horrible and I think mine turned out pretty good (I might change my mind tomorrow when I go pick them up). But for now, I'm just gonna relax for the weekend and hope I get an email from Georgia on Monday or Tuesday.
This is great news Salla! Georgia is a lot closer than Finland so it won't be so hard to see you sooner than later. Like the new blog too!
ReplyDeleteI already checked how much it'll cost to fly out to Houston and it's not bad at all! =)
ReplyDelete